School

Pytchley School

The school was established in 1661 by William Aylworth from Gumley in Leicestershire who left endowments in his will for the establishment of schools in Pytchley and Little Harrowden. A trust was established for the benefit of children from Pytchley, Isham and Broughton. In 1868 the income was less than £26 per annum of which £20 was a rent charge on the Gumley estate in Leicestershire.

The trust remains in operation to this day.

Additional information